« The main objective is to attract the viewer into the inner world of the collage, make him read the secret meaning in the details »
Daria has 2 higher education courses related to art (educational expertise and antiques).
She is a multidisciplinary artist based in Monaco whose works have been exhibited nationally, as well as in Russia, Switzerland, China, France, and South Korea, in MMOMA, Stella Art Gallery, RuArts Gallery, Vinzavod in Moscow, Nest Gallery and Mimesis Gallery in Geneva, Art & Gallery Emotion in Lausanne, Samhart gallery Gstaad, Guggenheim Museum Foundation in New York and Galerie des Lyons.
She regularly participates in art markets and fairs, including Art Monaco.
In addition, her art has been featured in publications such as In Style, Tatler Magazine, HELLO MONACO, etc. and is purchased by private collectors from all around the world.
She also realizes custom made portrait; literally reviving this Art field and the genre of the individual portrait, which she calls «Collage of desires».
Daria Usova describes her pieces as being motivational art, guiding viewers towards happiness and the world of their dreams.
She has personal collage techniques «Pieces Art», and also holds a patent (№ 2344053) in Russia.
INTERVIEW WITH DARIA USOVA: INVENTING A DREAM
Official artist of the Principality of Monaco | 18 JUNE 2022 | IRENE KUKOTA
What private and museum collections hold your works?
“Good question. These are the Prince Albert Foundation, the collection of the Prince Fuad of Egypt, the Simon de Pury Collection, the Guggenheim Museum Foundation (New York), the Ekaterina Foundation in Moscow, Moscow MOMA, Samhart Art Gallery (Gstaad), A.P.T. Gallery (Hong Kong) and many other collections worldwide”.
Please, tell us about your collaboration with major luxury brands.
“As a young artist, I collaborated with many fashion magazines. After all, my art is made up of glossy magazine images. So, I worked with Vogue, GQ, Men's Health and was involved in art projects for such brands as Martini and Mazda. Furthermore, I created artworks for the leading fashion designers, such as Paul Smith, French icon Chantal Thomass, and legendary British designer Zandra Rhodes. Recently I met with the Dolce & Gabbana Art Director and was commissioned several works for the family of the celebrated designers. I believe that the history of a fashion brand is always a puzzle consisting of inspiration, personal choices, experiments, and eventually, success, crowning all efforts”.
Source : https://www.meer.com/en/70000-interview-with-daria-usova-inventing-a-dream
• Participation in a young exhibition in «Gallery on Kuznetsk Most» under Moscow the Union of Artists.
• Studied and finished the (the Moscow pedagogical state university),faculty of art-graphic
• The debut project of collages on a theme «Reconstruction»;
• Participation in an exhibition «Memory», the Museum of the Modern Art, Moscow
• 06.06.06 a personal exhibition «JL» (dummies about a fashion) in the international gallery «Stella Art Gallery», Moscow.
• An exhibition of dummies in the Museum of the Modern art, Moscow (project «POWER»)
• Participation in an exhibition of Russian illustrators «Love Couture» (gallery Zurab, Moscow)
• Participation in an exhibition «Kate Moss» (the Center of the Modern art, Moscow)
• Personal exhibition «Strike a pose», Prado café
• Participation in festival of Russian illustrators «Institute of the Smile»
• Participation in an exhibition «the Zoo», «Arterium» gallery
• Participation in the first Moscow International Biennial of Young Art «Stand! Who Goes?»:
• A series of collages with name «Citys», the Museum of the Modern art («Migration» project),
• Video collages « Flight of beauty», gallery «Zurab», «Souvenirs of UFO» project;
• Personal exhibition «ART-MAZDA», Special collages, Aerographics for Mazda
• Cooperation with gallery RuArts:
o Art market in New York «Pulse New York»
o Exhibition «Backstage» RuArts
o Participation in the third festival of Russian illustrators «Free Wi-Fi», gallery Zurab, Moscow)
• Studied and finished( the Russian state humanitarian university) faculty of examination subjects of antiques
• Cooperation with gallery RuArts:
o participation in an exhibition «Duel»
o participation in an exhibition «In Memoriam»
• Personal exhibition «Mythical artefac